[plt-scheme] r6rs timer

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Fri Aug 29 03:08:01 EDT 2008

Many thanks. Very clear.
When I said R6RS conformant, I ment source code that runs on all R6RS
implementations, not restricted to PLT only.
The two R6RS documents do mention "time" in their indices, nor anything
alike.
Hence when using "time" in a performance test suit, I must include a dummy
time macro, which I replace by an import from scheme/base when running with
PLT.
When the user runs the code with another implementation that does provide a
timer, she may replace the dummy macro by an import of that timer.
When the user runs the code with an implementation that does not provide a
timer, the dummy time macro evaluates its expression without producing
timing info.
Jos