[plt-scheme] HTDP: Testing programs

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 27 09:18:23 EDT 2008

Shriram's saying that the design recipe demands the creation of
examples *before* you create the function. The idea is that this
scales up to larger development efforts, too.

In principle, a design looks like this:

;; f->c : Number -> Number
;; convert a fahrenheit temperature to a celsius temperature

(check-expect (f->c 32) 0)
(check-expect (f->c 212) 100)

(define (f->c f-temp)
  (cond
    [(= f-temp 32) 0]
    [(= f-temp 212) 100]
    [else f-temp]))

;; ---

Over the years, HtDP and drscheme have gotten a bit out of hand. One
day we'll catch up. -- Matthias