[plt-scheme] scheme in java

From: François Schwarzentruber (ancmin at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 06:51:58 EDT 2008

Thanks !

But in fact, I read http://docs.plt-scheme.org/web-server/index.html and it
seems interesting. Now, I decided to use JScheme. As I said to Shriram, it
is an interpreter Scheme one can use in java.

Simply write :

JScheme myScheme =new JScheme();
system.out.println( myScheme.eval("(+ 1 2)").toString());

And I don't know if I am going to code my entire application in Scheme as it
said in http://docs.plt-scheme.org/web-server/index.html ("can be used to
develop Web applications in Scheme."). For the GUI, I prefer to use a object
oriented language. For the engine, I prefer a functionnal language where
data and programs have the same structures.

Any way, thanks for your answers. I will try to convince the computer
science department of my university to teach Scheme and to use DrScheme,
because... Scheme is a work of art.

Best,

François