[plt-scheme] missing gsl scientific libraries

From: Will Farr (farr at MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 15 10:18:43 EDT 2008

Atmam,

I wrote the mzgsl package, and, as Doug said with the science
collection, I only wrapped the functionality I needed at the time.  It
was my hope that people who needed more from the GSL would add to the
package as necessary.

For linear algebra (i.e. bindings to LAPACK and BLAS), Noel encouraged
you to take a look at the plt-linalg package, and I second that (I
wrote that one, too, with some help from Noel and others).

If you would like to wrap the GSL functionality you need, I would
encourage you to add to the current mzgsl package.  If you would like,
I'd be happy to give you my Darcs repository for that code and pull
patches back from you to add to PLaneT (i.e. if you don't want to be
bothered with the details of releasing the code).  PLT's foreign
function interface is really easy to use (the existing mzgsl code
should give you a good idea how it works, and, of course, the help-
desk documentation is excellent); writing the initial version of the
mzgsl package, which contained all the current functionality, took me
about two hours.

Will