[plt-scheme] Re: how do you include documentation with a teachpack or planet collection?

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 15 06:48:02 EDT 2008

On Aug 15, 2008, at 1:11 AM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> Actually, there might be a way to get what you want (it wasn't clear
> if this is what you tried so apologies if you already did).
>
> The first step is to create a post-installer hook ...

Ah!  I didn't know about that.  I was doing roughly the same thing at
the end of the module itself.  A minor problem is that it currently
copies EVERYTHING from the PLaneT cache subdirectory, including
"info.ss" which then shows up in the "Add Teachpack" dialogue as
though it  were a teachpack; I need to experiment to figure out
exactly what needs to be copied.

In the long run, it would be nice to have an info.ss field that
decides where to put the thing, e.g.

(define destination-finder
    (lambda ()
       (build-path (find-system-path 'addon-dir)
                            (string->path (version))
                            (string->path "collects")
                            (string->path "installed-teachpacks"))))

Or maybe (more flexible and more complex) several such hooks, one
specifying where to put the .plt file, one specifying where to put
the documentation, one specifying where to put the compiled code....

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.