[plt-scheme] Extensibility of MrEd

From: Ben Goetter (goetter at mazama.net)
Date: Sun Aug 3 15:12:22 EDT 2008

Does MrEd contain any hooks for operating-system-specific extensions,
FFI or otherwise?  What is the best way to access OS-specific UI
functionality (e.g. system-defined GUI widgets, handling system-specific
user interaction messages, etc.) in a MrEd program?

I am building an experimental application on a yet-unreleased version of
a Microsoft OS on yet-unreleased hardware.  And I am hoping not to have
to roll a homebrew GUI wrapper framework (fraught with danger and sundry
system event trampolines), or to fork the MrEd DLL source.  What are my
options?

Thanks,
Ben

Posted on the users mailing list.