[plt-scheme] Class methods and class fields

From: Eddie Sullivan (eddieSull at hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 09:29:05 EDT 2008

That gives some of the functionality, but doesn't specifically associate the
variable with the class, and doesn't allow for inheritance the way structure
type properties do. To add to your example, I can envision something like:

(define my-class%
  (class object%
    ;; Just initialized once ever:
    (static-field [db-connection (init-db)])
    (define/public (talk-to-db stuff) ... db-connection ...)
    (super-new)))

(define my-derived-class%
  (class my-class%
    ;; Provides access to superclass's static field:
    (inherit-static-field db-connection)
    (define/public (more-db-talking stuff) ... db-connection ...)
    (super-new)))

(let ([dbc (get-static-field db-connection my-derived-class%)])