[plt-scheme] running an MzScheme debugger in Emacs?

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Fri Apr 25 15:11:57 EDT 2008

I second that. We should not compare apples with pears. For editing Scheme
programs I exclusively use DrScheme and its nice syntax checker. For
functions not provided by DrScheme (such as my own favorate style of
indentation, I make my own programs that require two or three mouse clicks
only (I don't like wordiness commands))  I have two suggestions though:

(1) I use the syntax checker to find whole identifiiers. It would be nice to
have an option within the common search function of DrScheme to look for
whole lexemes only.

(2) When renaming a variable, the syntax checker always looses its analysis.
That's understandable when changing a variable into one that has a wider
scope too (the checker does nicely provide a warning) But may be the
analysis can be maintained when this conflict does not occur??? Thus
avoiding the necessity to initiate another syntax check. A problem may be
that location information must be recomputed.

Please don't take this as a criticisme. I am quite fond of the easy way of
downloading and installing and using DrScheme, which frees me of typing
comples commands (that is to say, complex for me, may be not for other
people) Yes, I still have to type my programs, but that's a thing I greatly
enjoy. Nowadays I refrain from systems that force me to read lots of docs or
to type lots of uneasily understood and hard to remember escape sequuences.
May be it's my age.
Jos