[plt-scheme] running an MzScheme debugger in Emacs?

From: Dimitris Vyzovitis (vyzo at media.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 25 13:21:56 EDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> -100000000000000000
>
> Use DrScheme and complain and then help Robby improve it. Especially
> you Eli. I am not paying for nothing.
>
> As an old Emacs-is-everything user, DrScheme is incomparable to
> Emacs. Both have advantages and disadvantages. BUT, overall drscheme
> is better than Emacs for plt scheme editing and running (unless you
> also work at the C level).

This is wrong at some many levels.
Emacs is not just an editor, it is the shell OS of choice for quite a few
people (including me)

Even at just the editing level, it is incomparable especially when you
regularly use multiple languages.

Having said that, I exlusively use emacs+mzscheme for plt-land code and I
don't have any problems. errortrace is good enough for pinpointing the
silly problems you usually associate with a debugger -- the repl is the
real debugger.

-- vyzo

Posted on the users mailing list.