[plt-scheme] running an MzScheme debugger in Emacs?

From: Ben Simon (benjisimon at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 13:00:01 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Noel Welsh <noelwelsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Benjamin L. Russell
> <dekudekuplex at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  Unfortunately, it seems that MzScheme does not run a debugger in Emacs,
> and that Emacs cannot run an inferior interactive MIT Scheme mode in
> Windows, but only in UNIX, because their inferior interactive Scheme mode
> relies on UNIX signals, which are not present in Windows.
> >  In sum, there seem to be the following options:
> 8) Use a different process that doesn't rely on a debugger

I'm also with Noel on this one - I'm not a big fan of debuggers either.  I
do find that DrScheme's error reporting is quite impressive though (what,
with all the colored lines and such).

As long as we're talking about emacs + mzscheme integration, I'm curious,
what's the preferred way of handling redefinition of code in other modules?
I know, for example, in DrScheme, after you change code in another module,
you can hit Control + T, and it starts up a fresh repl.  In SISC (while in
emacs), when I want to redefine a module, I just reimport it again at the
REPL.  In emacs, what's the preferred way to handle these changes? Does one
just kill the scheme buffer and start a new one?

I feel like I'm missing something really obvious there...

-Ben

--
Have an idea for software? I can make it happen -
http://www.ideas2executables.com