[plt-scheme] hop web framework on PLT Scheme?

From: Eckhard Lehmann (eckhardnospam at gmx.de)
Date: Sun Apr 20 05:03:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am fairly new to scheme and everything around it.
Somehow I stumbled over hop (http://hop.inria.fr/), a language for web
development that is obviously implemented in scheme.
It looks very good and I would like to try it out and play a little
around with it. But they say you need to install bigloo
(http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Bigloo/), which seems to be a scheme
to native compiler. Now I can not install a working bigloo on Mac OSX
intel, the latest stable release does not compile for some strange,
platform specific reasons and the latest alpha release makes trouble
when I try to compile and install hop finally (it has no threads, so hop
complains about that - and it also crashed a few times while compiling
hop sources).

But hop is in scheme in the end... so my question is whether it can be
run on PLT scheme? Has anyone tried this already and was successful? PLT
scheme is ready to go on my MacBook...

Thanks
Eckhard

Posted on the users mailing list.