[plt-scheme] Re: PLT Scheme and SICP

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 18 16:21:56 EDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 3:02 PM, eliben wrote:

> On Apr 18, 6:58 pm, "Paul A. Steckler" <stecks... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2008/04/18/sicp-conclusion/
>>
>> -- Paul
>
> This was a fun project to do, and I'm pleased that people are
> interested. I'm very grateful for PLT Scheme - it really is a great
> language/environment, my favorite Lisp :-)
> And this list is very helpful and friendly - I've actually used it for
> some questions about PLT Scheme during the project.

It is truly nice to see a 'student' of SICP or any good book.
Instructors know all too well that 'learning comes from doing'
and 'teaching doesn't achieve much.' So in particular, doing
the exercises in any book is critical to absorbing the lessons
that the authors designed.

Congrats. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.