[plt-scheme] custom widgets in mred

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Thu Apr 17 06:58:47 EDT 2008

Close to my heart too; given most widget toolkits seem to lack the richness
one needs.

It's good to look at examples;

possibly hierlist.ss in drscheme

the various DrScheme XML and comment boxes as well as graph.ss is
interesting too, if you are prepared to think of snips on a canvas (sprites
roughly) as custom widgets

MrEd Designer includes some custom widgets that may be worth looking at;
http://hexahedron.hu/personal/peteri/mreddesigner/
(I don't know if they will survive in working form into v3.99->4)

Cheers,

Stephen

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Ben Simon <benjisimon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin -
>
> You've hit on a topic that's near and dear to my heart.  Here are some
> examples you might find helpful.  In the last example, I mixed both a canvas
> and panel behavior, which allowed me to do things like draw a border around
> groups of components.
>
> http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/GUIWidgetAggregation
> http://groups.google.com/group/plt-scheme/msg/36cc6cb7fb314711
>
> http://benjisimon.blogspot.com/2008/03/fun-with-mred-components-retro-status.html
>
> http://benjisimon.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-adventures-in-creating-mred.html
>
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Martin DeMello <martindemello at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Can someone give me minimal examples of (a) a custom widget based on
> > drawing onto a canvas and (b) a custom widget based on composing
> > existing widgets? I've hunted through the docs but there's no obvious,
> > beginner-friendly "this is how you do it" code or howtos.
> >
> > martin
> >

> --
> Have an idea for software? I can make it happen -
> http://www.ideas2executables.com
> My Blog: http://benjisimon.blogspot.com

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile 079 851 890 45
Project: Making Sense of Information (MaSI)
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html

UCLIC: University College London Interaction Centre
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/

Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP