[plt-scheme] Still having trouble getting Tex2Page working...

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Wed Apr 16 02:23:27 EDT 2008

On Apr 15, 2008, at 11:01 PM, Mark Engelberg wrote:
> No, I get the same error message.

I'm mildly embarrassed to report that I tried it and (sorry, Dorai)
expected to be able to reproduce this error... but I couldn't.  It
worked fine.

I suggest that you try running the thing in DrScheme to get a better
error message.  Here's what I tried:

(module foo mzscheme
   (require (lib "tex2page.ss" "tex2page"))
   (tex2page "/tmp/story.tex"))

This worked (mostly) fine, with this output:

Welcome to DrScheme, version 372 [3m].
Language: (module ...).
This is TeX2page, Version 20070609 (MzScheme 372, unix)
/bin/sh: line 1: kpsewhich: command not found
(/tmp/story.tex) [0]
Output written on story.html (1 page).
Transcript written on story.hlog.

... the error there is because I ran DrScheme from the Finder
directly, and (for me) that means that the path isn't set up directly.

Anyhow, give this a try and see whether DrScheme gives you a better
error location.

Oh! you'll also probably want to run

setup-plt -lc tex2page

... IIRC, in versions <3.99 the presence of the compiled files can
mean less debugging info.

John Clements