[plt-scheme] The Schematics of Computation?

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 10 08:50:36 EDT 2008

Benjamin L. Russell wrote:
> How would you define "old-school?"

By that term I mean a course with roughly the aims of SICP, which is to
use the power and flexibility of Scheme to explore a number of topics in
a way that is particularly pleasing to, say, good juniors/seniors or
exceptional undergraduates/sophomores. HtDP can work for a broader range
of readers. Some in the previous categories dismiss it as too simple or
too slow, but I don't think that's accurate. I learned a lot from it
when I read it almost thirty years after I wrote my first program. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.