[plt-scheme] slides of PLAI pre-prepared talk on Web programming API's, and introductions to continuations

From: Benjamin L. Russell (dekudekuplex at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 8 05:46:34 EDT 2008

I plan to attend the upcoming Continuation Fest 2008
(http://logic.cs.tsukuba.ac.jp/~kam/Continuation2008/)
in Akihabara, Tokyo, and wish to do some prior study
of continuations, which are a new topic to me,
beforehand.

While reading about continuations in PLAI Part VII, I
discovered a note in the Preface that the author,
Shriram Krishnamurthi, has "a pre-prepared talk on
this topic, and would be happy to share those slides"
(page v).  Would it be possible to see those slides?

Also, I would appreciate any suggestions on reading on
basic introductions to continuations.  My background
is an undergraduate degree in computer science, with
some programming background in Scheme.  So far, I have
come across the following introductions:

* Humorous explanation of
call-with-current-continuation from Rob Warnock in
Usenet's comp.lang.lisp:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/msg/4e1f782be5ba2841

* A short introduction to
call-with-current-continuation:

http://community.schemewiki.org/?call-with-current-continuation

* Call-with-current-continuation - Wikipedia, the free
encyclopedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call-with-current-continuation

* Continuation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation

* Continuation, functions and jumps:

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~hxt/research/Logiccolumn8.pdf

* Teach Yourself Scheme in Fixnum Days: Chapter 13:
Jumps: 13.1  call-with-current-continuation:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/dorai/t-y-scheme/t-y-scheme-Z-H-15.html#node_chap_13

Any further leads addressed to people of my background
would be appreciated.

Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.