[plt-scheme] Comments on an alternate syntax for let?

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Mon Apr 7 18:36:00 EDT 2008

I once made a language-defining module that allows bindings of the form ((f
x ... [. x]) b b ....) in all single values let-like forms, but I did not
use it much. I think that with respect to syntax (as with spelling) some
conservatism is good, because changes disturb the quick reading of a
sentence in slices. We can read a syntax (or spelling) we are accustumed to
with far less eye movements and in much larger slices at a time than one
that looks unfamiliar.  Changes require reprogramming of the pattern
recognition in out brains. mho.
Jos