[PLT-Scheme] Installing SLIB on Windows XP

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Apr 3 12:17:26 EDT 2008

On Mar 22, John Sampson wrote:

> I am guessing my way through installing Slib to work with DrScheme
> on Windows XP but not having much luck. Can it be done? Has it been
> done?  If so, is there a description in words anywhere how to do it?

There used to be a library bundled with PLT that made it easier to use
slib.  The thing is that it wasn't maintained -- and something like
that really need constant maintenance since both PLT and SLIB keep
evolving, and in addition there are the usual problems with SLIB which
steps over `require'.

On Mar 23, praimon wrote:
> [...] As a minimum, it would be nice to get slib's sort function
> into my code, since srfi 95 is not supported by plt.

I have updated PLT's `sort' in svn to take two keyword arguments:
#:key can be used to specify a function to extract the key to compare,
and #:cache-keys? can be used in addition to that to say that the keys
should be cached (which means that the accessor function is called
exactly once on each item in the list, as in srfi-95).