[plt-scheme] contract library reoganization

From: Richard Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 12:27:21 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 11:15:36AM -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> I've re-organized the contract library so that it no longer exports
> class & object-related contracts, instead those are exported by (lib
> "class.ss").
>
> This is currently breaking a few planet packages, so if people need
> more time to fix this, I can switch it back temporarily. (The fix
> should be simple: just add (require (lib "class.ss")) to the file in
> question and upload a new planet package).

I don't think this affects me or my planet packages directly, but there is
an important issue here.

Does this change correspond to a MzScheme version number change?  I.e.,
in 371.2 the class contracts are in (lib "contract.ss") but in 371.3
they're in (lib "class.ss") or something like that.

If the changes don't line up like this, then planet package authors are
kind of stuck.  There's no value, AFAICT, that they can specify in the new
version of the planet package that works in all cases.

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.