[plt-scheme] Keybinding blank slate?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 10:05:13 EDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
> On 9/16/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> > The fact that you see non-workign bindings in there is a bug. I think
> > you've told me about one or reported it and I just haven't had time to
> > fix it.
>
> I haven't reported anything yet as I've got a few more questions.
>
> > But, if you want to take a look, there is code in
> > framework/private/keybindings.ss that tries to remove all non-working
> > bindings from the list.
>
> Does that file get installed as part of the v371 installer? I see
> keymap.ss but not keybindings.ss.

Right, oops. Also, now that I take a quick look at the code, I see you
probably want to start in drscheme/private/frame.ss's method
show-keybindings.

> > Maybe just fixing that would help?
>
> That would probably be easier.
>
> When I look at the active keybindings it is sort of confusing to me. I
> guess I look to that to understand what DrScheme has to offer. Then I
> see 17 entries for "do-return" and I'm left sort of wondering "Why?".
> Perhaps this is the wrong place to look?

do-return also does indentation. Its probably not well-named, but the
idea was to map all of the permutations of returns.

> It looks like there are commands to insert Greek characters, but there
> are only bindings for the Mac option key? I want to look some place to
> find out "This is how you use DrScheme". Again maybe I'm looking in
> the wrong place, but navigating between the editor and the repl is
> such a big value add, I don't want people to miss it. I would be happy
> to have a go at writing something up in addition to finding broken
> mappings.

control-x control-g <char> should also work.

> Regarding broken mappings, am I to assume that the only mappings
> present should show up in "active keybindings"?

Right.
Overall, I'm sorry to say that I don't have serious time to dedicate
to this now or in the near future, but I'll try to answer any
questions you have if you have the energy to seriously look into it.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.