[plt-scheme] Comment re: Help Desk

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 17:10:26 EDT 2007

On 9/13/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Would it also help if the text next to r5rs was a little more
> discouraging in the initial dialog, do you think?

I certainly see that as a reasonable thing. I would argue (and did,
without too much resistance) that one has to have good reason (and
know what you are doing) to want to limit oneself to the R5RS
environment. That implies a reasonably expert Scheme programmer, as I
don't think casual users are able to name that many implementations,
let alone wonder if their code will run on all of them. I mean, I can
only think of... eight or nine off the top of my head.

Of course, I may be opening my mouth, stuffing my foot in it, and
starting a flame-fest all in one.

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.