[plt-scheme] PLT and MySQL

From: Geoffrey S. Knauth (geoff at knauth.org)
Date: Mon Sep 3 20:55:13 EDT 2007

I'm trying to figure out where things stand with MySQL driver(s) for
PLT Scheme.  On 3-Feb-2007, Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote that he was
working on a driver for sqlid, sqld-mysql.  I found great drivers for
PostgreSQL on Schematics, which is wonderful (PostgreSQL is great),
but I have regular mundane need to interface with MySQL.  I currently
talk to MySQL with Perl, Ruby and Python, but would like to move to
PLT Scheme.  I looked at Eric Knauel's Myscsh and José Silva's mr-
mysql, which are both interesting.

Is anyone actually using MySQL with PLT Scheme, enough to recommend
one package over another?  Is there an ongoing effort somewhere that
just needs additional volunteers to implement a good design, or is
this one of those times it's best to dig in and start afresh?

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk