[plt-scheme] What to augment, how to highlight ?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 14 08:35:36 EDT 2007

On 10/13/07, Laurent <Ouaibou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two new questions :
>
> - Iam making a little text editor. So, i want to get the line-number.
> In a text%, the method is "last-line" (i use color:text% who has some
> little more functions). But this only return the value.
> My goal is to put this number in a message% when an event (keyboard-
> event, mouse-event, ...) occurs.
> But i don't find which function i must augment. I thought on-event and
> on-char, but no. They can only be override.
> Very few functions can be augment, and none does what i want. Someone
> has an idea ?

Maybe you want to use text:info-mixin and frame:info-mixin from the framework?

If that's not what you want, you probably should try the
after-set-position method.

> - My second problem is about highlighting.
> Iam trying to highlight a text (some keywords). So i think to use a
> color:text% from framework.ss
> But i don't understand how to use the "start-colorer" procedure. Some
> has an example ?

I think the colorer might not be what you want (but I'm not sure). Did
you look at the highlight-range method? You might also try
change-style.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.