[plt-scheme] Slideshow: evaluate code in a repl?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 8 11:42:18 EDT 2007

At Mon, 8 Oct 2007 08:22:46 -0500, "Grant Rettke" wrote:
> I would like to allow for viewers of my slide show to execute code on
> demand within a DrScheme REPL, just simple stuff mostly.
>
> What is the easiest way to do this?

Do you mean that clicking on something in a slide should cause an
expression to be evaluated in DrScheme REPL, using a DrScheme instance
that is started within the slide show?

If so, you could probably use the Framework's `test:' functions to
simulate a user typing something into the REPL. See `test:keystroke',
for example.

If you want to find a DrScheme that lives outside the slide show,
though, I don't have a good idea. From outside DrScheme, there's not
much you can do besides asking DrScheme to open a file.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.