[plt-scheme] Loading at runtime

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 6 20:30:04 EDT 2007

Hi all,

So I've created an executable. I want it to 'read' a datafile from the
same directory as the executable. I don't know where that executable
will end up... but I know the datafile will be in the same place.
(Well, I'll check to see if it is first, and if it isn't, then I'll
throw an error. But that's a digression.)

Simply using 'open-input-file' with a "filename.dat" doesn't do the
trick. 'define-runtime-path' gives me something that (on my Mac) will
let me move the executable, but the datafile needs to be in the same
place as I developed the executable... that is, the datafile and
executable can't move together.

It doesn't seem like "this-expression-source-directory" is what I want.

How do I open a file relative to the executing program I've bundled
for distribution? I feel like this should be obvious, but I'm missing
it at the moment. No doubt, I'll find it in the Help Desk
momentarily...

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.