[plt-scheme] MrEd: how can I _cleanly_ keep the states of various widgets in sync?

From: Ivanyi Peter (pivanyi at freemail.hu)
Date: Fri Nov 30 12:05:24 EST 2007

 Matt Jadud <jadudm at gmail.com> írta:

> And Peter, I wanted to ask something about MrEd Designer: while it is
> true that Designer will "write the code automatically," I find that
> the way it writes the code makes it very hard to modularize and work
> into a larger program. Would you, as the shepherd of MrEd Designer, be
> willing to entertain some discussion about to improve the output of
> Designer so that it can more easily be integrated into a larger
> application? (Both I and my students discovered this term that it was
> easier to simply write the GUI by hand than use MrEd Designer, because
> the code it output was not ready to be incorporated as a module in a
> larger app.) I once applied a hack like this to the code (a good three
> or four year ago), but could look at providing a reasonable patch
 instead.

Hi,

I am definitely interested in any improvement to MrEd Designer.
What you say is quite true, at the moment I use MrEd Designer
to design my interfaces and write the code, but I also "heavily"
edit it afterwards to fit all my requirements. If you know a
better way to generate the code I am very much interested.

Best regards,

Peter Ivanyi

Posted on the users mailing list.