[plt-scheme] htdp and modules

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 22 21:08:59 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:

> So, Matthias, if it is all about teaching principles, not languages
> (which I fully agree with), maybe we should discuss a language
> level that is past Advanced but not as wide open as Pretty Big? I
> know there is a reorganization planned for 4.0, but I don't think
> it includes a language that is just large enough for my second course.

The reorg does not concern teaching languages (at the moment).

If I were to include modules in teaching languages, what I sketched
out with my messages to Jan is what I would include. So this is a
strange issue: the module stuff is almost orthogonal to the language
level. Due to restrictions on where function names can appear, you
can't use Beginning Student [+ ...] but that's okay with me.

If I teach the introductory course again, I might just branch out
from Intermediate into modules with this idea and see how it works.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.