[plt-scheme] htdp and modules

From: Jan Christiansen (jac at informatik.uni-kiel.de)
Date: Thu Nov 22 06:01:36 EST 2007

Hi,

we use drscheme in a practical course to teach programming in the
first term. In previous terms we used the "how to design programs"
languages.

Now we would like to use modules. Is it correct that the "how to
design programs" languages do not support modules? How can I use
modules and support the students with the features they are used to?
It would be okay if I can tell the students which modules they have
to import. Right now I have discovered that I get the hdtp list
functions by importing list.ss and the local define construct by
importing etc.ss. What I am especially missing is a printer for
arbitrary data structures defined by the define-struct command. For
example with htdp I get

 > (make-tuple 1 2)
(make-tuple 1 2)

while in other languages I get