[plt-scheme] Planned changes for PLT Scheme 4.0

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 18 12:14:45 EST 2007

At Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:35:09 -0500, "Shriram Krishnamurthi" wrote:
> Please take the two minutes it will take you to knock this proposal
> out of contention:
>
> > Someone ought to be able to show me how it's done these days, and put
> > MrEd out of business.
>
> Most of what GUI libraries provide is now available in Web programming
> frameworks.

Well, what does "most" mean? Offhand, I'd say that MrEd already
provides "most", and the main motivation for change is to make it
"all". So, if anything relevant is missing in a web framework, and if
the computational model is different enough that someone really has to
think about it, then it makes an already difficult problem harder.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.