[plt-scheme] Mathematica v6

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 15 12:29:56 EST 2007

David Einstein wrote:
> Full disclosure: I have friends at Wolfram (I recently co-authored a
> paper with Stan Wagon and some Wolfram employees), and as a result
> have a copy of MMA.

> Mathematica is a very good, almost indispensable, tool for symbolic
> mathematics.  Other than the marketing department, it makes little
> pretense to being a general purpose programming language.

That's not true. Quite some people from Wolfram (in R&D department) said
that MMA is the best general purpose programming language at any
possible circumstances. And you know what, most people there don't know
any functional programming language (other than MMA itself).

Chongkai

Posted on the users mailing list.