[plt-scheme] Mathematica v6

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 15 11:12:18 EST 2007

Given the history, I have to reply this mail :-)

I agree with Shriram. One fact (as most people in that company agrees):
Mathematica is designed for non-programmer to make writing small program
easy, not to make writing large program possible.

On that page "While traditional research languages tend to concentrate
on particular language paradigms,/ Mathematica/ for the first time
integrates fully developed symbolic, rule-based, functional,
declarative, procedural and other paradigms into an immediately
extensible framework." I don't know what to say. Scheme shows up way
earlier than Mathematica.

Another thing that is not true on that website: according to
http://www.tiobe.com/tpci.htm, MMA is not widely used.

As I always says, the only good thing about MMA is it's big Computer
Algebra (aka Symbolic Algebra) library. Some say it also has a good
plotting package. That's it.

Chongkai