[plt-scheme] mzmake

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 12 07:38:04 EST 2007

Sorry, Wayne. I guess this corner of the system is rotting away.

Looking back at the mzc manual, I see that 5.3 starts wrong on the
first sentence. Executable distribution generated by `mzc --exe' and
`mzc --exe-dir' can now accommodate mzc-produced extensions; you
shouldn't have to mess with compilers, linkers, and makefiles directly
(and that's why it stopped working somewhere along the line).

Have you tried using `mzc --exe' plus `mzc --exe-dir'?

Matthew

At Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:47:24 -0600, support at taxupdate.com wrote:
> Matthew, I made the change to main.c:
>
> #define STANDALONE_WITH_EMBEDDED_EXTENSION
>
> then run 'make'.  I get this error:
>
> make[4]: Entering directory `/home/wayne/working/chm-build/src/mz-unix-
> 371/src/mzscheme'
> gcc -g -O2  -Wall     -DINITIAL_COLLECTS_DIRECTORY='"'"`cd ./../../collects;
> pwd`"'"' -I. -I./include -c ./main.c -o main.o
> In file included from ./main.c:155:
> ./cmdline.inc: In function 'run_from_cmd_line':
> ./cmdline.inc:1216: error: 'start_with_req' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> ./cmdline.inc:1216: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ./cmdline.inc:1216: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> When I comment out the line again, the error goes away.  Any suggestions?
>
> Wayne
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 09:04:41AM -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > At Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:17:59 -0600, support at taxupdate.com wrote:
> > > I'm attempting to use mzmake to construct a standalone executable, as per
> the
> > > instructions in the MzScheme compiler manual, section 5.3.
> > >
> > > After downloading the unix source files for mzscheme v371, I changed to
> the src
> > > directory, then ran
> > >     ./configure
> > >     make
> > >
> > > Everything compiled correctly, but I did not get the mzmake utility, and I
> > > couldn't
> > > tell from the Makefile how to get it.  Has the name changed?  Maybe the
> > > compiler
> > > manual needs updated instructions.
> >
> > That's a mistake in the manual. It should be plain old "make".
> >
> > Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.