[plt-scheme] A first metacircular evaluator

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen at degabrielle.name)
Date: Sat Nov 10 20:54:39 EST 2007

Here,

The Art of the Interpreter of, the Modularity Complex (Parts Zero, One, and Two)
Guy Lewis Steele, Jr. and Gerald Jay Sussman

http://library.readscheme.org/servlets/cite.ss?pattern=Ste-78a
ps & pdf http://repository.readscheme.org/ftp/papers/ai-lab-pubs/AIM-453.pdf

cheers,

On Nov 11, 2007 12:35 AM, Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Start with the Art of the Interpreter instead. It's somewhere on-line.
>
> Then move to PLAI. -- Matthias
>

> On Nov 10, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Jens Axel Soegaard wrote:
>
> > Grant Rettke skrev:
> >> I've yet to implement a metacircular evaluator for Scheme.
> >> Seemingly there are two places where this problem is posed:
> >> SICP: http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/full-text/book/book-Z-H-26.html#
> >> %_sec_4.1
> >> TSPL: http://www.scheme.com/tspl3/examples.html#./examples:h7
> >> Are there more?
> >
> > Are you kidding? It has been a favorite pasttime for Lisp and
> > Scheme hackers at least since the reference manual of Lisp 1.5
> > to write meta circular interpreters. The first page of the
> > first chapter of "Lisp in Small Pieces" contains references
> > to the first 26 interpreters.
> >
> > > With which one should I begin?
> >
> > SICP is a fine place to start.
> >

> > For a short meta circular interpreter see:
> >
> >     http://scheme.dk/blog/archive/2006_12_01_archive.html
> >
> > --
> > Jens Axel Søgaard

Cheers,

Stephen

--
Stephen De Gabrielle
s.degabrielle at ucl.ac.uk
Telephone +44 (0)20 7679 5242 (x45242)
Mobile                  079 851 890 45
http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/annb/MaSI.html
University College London Interaction Centre
Remax House - 31/32 Alfred Place
London - WC1E 7DP

Posted on the users mailing list.