[plt-scheme] Great books on algorithms?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 9 07:56:20 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 1:00 AM, Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten wrote:

> I've found two people at my satellite campus of state university in
> oklahoma who people who care to truly "understand what we do," and
> those two are not among the professorship.  When I tried to find
> other students willing to write our artificial intelligence
> semester project in a functional language (Heard of Haskell,
> anyone? No takers, how about Scheme? Well jeez, at least Ruby?), my
> professor visibly rolled his eyes.

Remind your professor of LISP, the AI language, in which it all
happened. LISP is a frog with a trunk attached to a snout with a neck
like a giraffe and a shell like a turtle. Perhaps he'll remember
seeing such a beast. There is always the option of asking your
professor to let you choose your favorite language. Around here, I
know at least one of those :-) -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.