[plt-scheme] Great books on algorithms?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 7 19:15:45 EST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 6:31 PM, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:

> Matthias Felleisen wrote:
>
>> Ah of course! This is brilliant. It's going straight into HtDP/2e.
>> Except that mutation is going out anyway. Dang.
>
> Say it ain't so! What is brilliant is the explanation of mutation
> in sections 39 and 40. I've even had students say this. I may have
> to compile notes on "all the good stuff they left out of the second
> edition". --PR

Thanks. They will stay on-line but we need the space to introduce
"real-looking" projects into HtDP so that students think they learned
something :-)

Most people never truly understand HtDP. Because when they went to
school -- can you hear the chest-beating -- they knew how to write
real applications at the end of the first course, programs that
consumed real inputs and that produced visible outputs. Games! Yes,
and their grandmother played them. More chest beating in the background.

So sorry but we will offer them for people like you and Matthias
(version 1.0) teaching at Rice. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.