[plt-scheme] Surprising behavior from "run-server"

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 7 07:56:22 EST 2007

I think I don't understand the test.

It looks like you have set up a server using `run-server' with a
timeout of 0.1 seconds on each connection. The you create two
connections. You ask the second one to get stuck, so the associated
handler thread on the server times out, and the client gets back an
EOF.

Since the timeout is the same for all connections, and since the client
waits for the one that gets stuck to time out, then the other
connection (the one created first) also times out by then --- even
though it's not doing anything.

So, maybe the issue is that the timeout is wall-clock time, not
processor time?

Matthew