[plt-scheme] Question on Syntactic Sugar

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Thu Nov 1 16:29:31 EDT 2007

It is not clear from J.T.'s email whether setq is sometimes used in
the dated psuedo-lisp to introduce bindings for global variables from
within a local scope.

For example, in some systems you can use the following trick to add a
global binding for global-z, *without* ever writing anything like
(define global-z 'to-be-defined)

(let ((x EXP1) (y EXP2))
    (set! global-z (list x y)))

I suspect there is a way to get a similar effect using MzScheme's
namespaces, but I do not know what it is.

In any case, I think Dave has the right idea (modulo the need for a
literals list in his syntax-rules form, as he pointed out in a
subsequent email).

I'm just not sure if such a simple replacement of setq with define is
going to be sufficient for J.T.'s purposes.

-Felix