[plt-scheme] Scrollbar in version 370

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu May 31 02:00:40 EDT 2007

At Wed, 30 May 2007 22:22:37 -0400, Rainer Gross wrote:
> Since I've updated to the latest plt version I have trouble with a
> canvas% implementation. I use the on-scroll method to update some
> values, but since version 370 my update method (on-scroll) is called
> only after I release the scrollbar.

This was a bug in MrEd with 3m, now fixed in SVN.

An internal static variable wasn't registered with the GC. Normally,
that sort of bug leads to a crash. In this case, the variable's value
was only used with `eq?', so there was no crash, but the `eq?'
comparison failed after the 3m GC moved the value.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.