[plt-scheme] Stand-alone PLT web-app

From: Matt Jadud (jadudm at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 29 05:48:17 EDT 2007

Hi Matthew, all,

On 5/27/07, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> It sounds like you need a combination of
>
>  * `create-embedding-executable'
>  * `assemble-distribution'
>  * `bundle-directory'
>
> from various libraries in the "compiler" collection.

I had never dug into compiler collections before. Very nifty. They
might even qualify as "great awesome."

However, I've found a problem under Windows/Linux... but it works on
the Mac. Sadly, I actually only need my script to work under Linux.

Everything seems to go fine until I get to this point:

    ;; This breaks under Windows and Linux... but why?
    (bundle-directory bundle (format "~a-dir" bundle))

The error that gets thrown is a contract error on "current-directory".
In particular, it says... (waiting for VMWare to come to life...):

current-directory: expects argument of type <complete path or string>;
given relative

while highlighting the "bundle-directory" line. I'm passing in a
single string, 'bundle', which contains the name of the 'exe-dir'. On
the Mac, this line of code yields a DMG containing that directory.
Under Windows and Linux, I get the error. The directory is correctly
built, however, and executes on both platforms... so that's good-good.

I tried doing some "obvious" things like doing an "expand-path" on the
relative path, but to no avail. Mind you, "obvious" means "It seemed
like a good idea at 2AM."

I'm hoping there's a better "obvious" floating around in the hive-mind.

Cheers,
Matt

Posted on the users mailing list.