[plt-scheme] how to install packages in DrScheme

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri May 25 08:41:30 EDT 2007

sqlid.plt is distributed through PLaneT, so no explicit installation
step is necessary. I'm not familiar with the particulars of sqlid, but
reading its docs, it looks to me like the way you use it is to put the
line:

(require (planet "sqli.scm" ("oesterholt" "sqlid.plt" 1 4)))

and either

(require (planet "sqld-sqlite.scm" ("oesterholt" "sqld-sqlite.plt" 1 0)))
;; if you want to use sqlite, or

(require (planet "sqld-psql.scm" ("oesterholt" "sqld-psql.plt" 1 0)))
;;if you want to use postgres

at the top of the program you're writing. Whenever you execute a
program that includes these require statements, mzscheme automatically
check to see if you've got sqlid installed, and install it if you
don't.

-jacob