[plt-scheme] brain upgrade desired

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Thu May 24 17:04:26 EDT 2007

hendrik at topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> What should I read so as to become up-to-date on what has happened to
> the language since then?  I have already noticed things like set-cdr
> instead of rplacd.  Presumably there's a lot more, especially things
> like library availability.

There are a number of "diffs" between Common Lisp and Scheme floating
around on the web, e.g.:

http://dept-info.labri.fr/~strandh/Teaching/Langages-Enchasses/Common/Strandh-Tutorial/diff-scheme.html
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/novak/schemevscl.html

Googling will find others.  Common Lisp is sufficiently like older Lisps
that some of those comparisons might be helpful.

Beyond that, a comprehensive intro+reference like TSPL should be useful:

   http://www.scheme.com/tspl3/

And of course, the DrScheme help system is invaluable.  Install DrScheme
if you haven't already, and start experimenting.

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.