[plt-scheme] brain upgrade desired (was: scribblings on PLT Scheme 4.0)

From: hendrik at topoi.pooq.com (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Thu May 24 15:35:10 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 10:20:37AM -0500, Robby Findler wrote:
> planet already has multiple "respositories". That is, if you use one
> of the v200s, you get a completely different set of packages than if
> you use one of the v300s. The v4.0 will begin again and people will
> have to resubmit revised versions of their packages.
>
> Robby

I run a Debian etch system.  Is it practical to have more than one
DrScheme system installed depending on which packages I'm interested in
using?

I'm a Lisp user from long long ago (I even implemented it a few times in
the 60's).  I've been impressed by Scheme when it appeared; but my
experience with it is just reading the ancient LAMBDA articles from MIT
and the RABBIT implementation.

What should I read so as to become up-to-date on what has happened to
the language since then?  I have already noticed things like set-cdr
instead of rplacd.  Presumably there's a lot more, especially things
like library availability.

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.