[plt-scheme] Re: On C#

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue May 22 14:08:35 EDT 2007

You do compute the list of defined names in the (define drop-down menu.

You could compute the list of all methods in scope.

So if we could provide a drop-down menu of possible choices after one
or two letters we could still help syntactically and typ-ologically
challenged people like those Paulo describes.

Perhaps we could even introduce Hungarian typing, as in x:button, to
help the tool. If the programmer can't figure out the type of the
thing, too bad; there'll be a long list of names (perhaps a dozen or
two). If he can -- power to him! -- he also gets advantages in terms
of typing within drscheme.

-- Matthias

P.S. And then there is Rohann's EMACS mode. You don't have to use
DrScheme to use PLT Scheme.