[plt-scheme] fluxus 0.12

From: Dave Griffiths (dave at pawfal.org)
Date: Fri May 18 04:52:05 EDT 2007

"act of a flowing; a continuous moving on or passing by, as of a flowing
stream; a continuous succession of changes"

A graphical live coding environment for Scheme.
http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/

This release is the result of a partial rewrite of fluxus to allow it to
be extended and used more flexibly in the future. Part of this work was
to integrate it with PLT Scheme (www.plt-scheme.org) which means we can
now start to use it's impressive Scheme editor (DrScheme) for writing,
live coding and debugging fluxus scripts. Screenshot:
http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/images/mredflux2.jpg

http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/fluxus-0.12rc3.tar.gz

Fluxus requires a recent build of PLT, newer than the officially
released 360 version - I've uploaded the build I'm using here:

http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/plt-369.10-src-unix.tgz
http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/files/plt-369.10-src-mac.dmg

Online documentation:
http://www.pawfal.org/fluxus/docs/0.12/

Changes:

* now uses plt scheme
* fluxus scripts can be written and viewed from the drscheme IDE
* lots of new documentation
* split fluxus up into modular parts - a livecoding application called
  the scratchpad and a collection of plt extensions for graphics, audio
  and osc.
* a new autogenerated documentation system and online help command
* new low-level renderer control, with support for multiple renderers,
  scenegraphs and physics worlds
* ported lots of application code into scheme modules
* removed the (edit) and (save-name) commands and added a minimal script
  file browser interface to the scratchpad
* added (hint-depth-sort) for correctly ordering and rendering
  transparent objects

Happy hacking,

dave

http://www.pawfal.org/dave/