[plt-scheme] DrScheme startup error: unbound variable in module in: -reset-console

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryanc at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu May 17 12:43:11 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 08:04 -0500, Grant Rettke wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Starting up DrS 300 on Windows XP Pro I get an error:
>
> ...ents and Settings\grettke\Application Data\PLT
> Scheme\360\collects\schemeunit\drscheme-ui-tool.ss:80:13: compile:
> unbound variable in module in: -reset-console
>
>  === context ===
> c:\program files\plt-360\collects\drscheme\private\tools.ss:169:12
> c:\program files\plt-360\collects\drscheme\private\tools.ss:70:6:
> load/invoke-all-tools/collections
>
> I haven't done anything recently to provoke this (like add custom
> tools or touch the source code).

Based on the path and the code, it looks like you downloaded a very old
version of SchemeUnit and installed it using 'setup-plt' (or through
DrScheme's install .plt archive dialog). That's the only way I can
imagine those files winding up in a 'collects' directory. If you didn't
do that, I'm truly confused. That code is from a couple revisions of the
PLT class system ago, which is why the code breaks.

To get rid of the error, remove the schemeunit directory from the
collects directory.

The proper way to use SchemeUnit now is to put the following line in the
modules (or in the repl) where you wish to define tests:

  (require (planet "test.ss" ("schematics" "schemeunit.plt" 2 6)))

Ryan