[plt-scheme] Re: Thinking in FP vs OOP for large scale apps

From: Gregory Cooper (greg at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu May 17 00:59:16 EDT 2007

I think Shriram calls a value "stateful" if it can change over time,
and a program "imperative" if it can interact with the world (which
necessarily involves side effects).  Dataflow offers a "declarative"
(i.e., functional) way of writing such programs (over these "stateful"
values), in which the side effects are (generally) implicit.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Greg