[plt-scheme] DrScheme split up windows

From: Paulo J. Matos (pocm at soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed May 16 11:16:39 EDT 2007

On 5/16/07, Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> > > Rewriting the code is trivial (you change on "horizontal-" into a
> > > "vertical-" in an identifier somewhere), but doing it without
> > > rewriting the code (via a tool (aka plugin)) would be complex.
> > >

> > Thank you. I'll be diggin' into the code then and I'll post if I get
> > to something.
>
> If you just want to hack your copy of drscheme, you can change
> panel:vertical-dragable% to panel:horizontal-dragable% on line 960 of
> plt/collects/drscheme/private/unit.ss. Be sure to run setup-plt
> afterwards, tho.
>
> It looks weird but I guess that's what you get after looking at
> something the same way for more than a decade :)
>
> http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~robby/tmp/drs-horiz.png

I dream one day I can have DrScheme as nice in Linux as you have it in Macs. :-)
Do you all at PLT use Mac? You shouldn't... I'm sure that if you used
Linux you'd feel more motivated to hack it to look better! Oh well,
maybe that's just me ranting about DrScheme looks...

Still let me say that current looks is much better than a few stable
versions ago...

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS