[plt-scheme] Re: Thinking in FP vs OOP for large scale apps

From: YC (yinso.chen at gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 16 03:46:07 EDT 2007

On 5/15/07, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:

> > GUIs are a perfect example to think about using a functional solution.
> > So, think about it...it would be terrible!!!

I think the same, but I just found that there is a style of FP called
Functional Reactive Programming that purportedly models GUI more
declaratively than OOP's handlers & events.  Flapjax and FrTime are working
implementations of FRP.

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/cooper04frtime.html

http://www.flapjax-lang.org/

http://www.haskell.org/frp/

It seems that I found more links w.r.t to functional style in Haskell on the
net maybe due to Haskell being pure functional...

Thanks,
yinso