[plt-scheme] Is SchemeQL still being developed?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Tue May 15 16:02:22 EDT 2007

SchemeQL has the wrong model.  It shouldn't use macros, and directly
modelling SQL makes a somewhat inconvenient language.

Snooze has a better mapping to SQL (http://svn.untyped.com/snooze/)
that like SchemeQL fairly directly maps SQL.  The query language is
quite expressive and Snooze currently supports PostgreSQL and SQLite.
It is pretty much ready for release; only documentation is lacking.

The higher level approach based on the relational algebra (or
calculus; I forget which) has been well explored in the literature.
See, for example, HaskellDB and LINQ.

If anyone is interested in taking this further we'd love to hear from
you.  I'm away on holiday for a week but will answer emails when I
return.

N.

On 5/15/07, Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was curious about the status of SchemeQL; has anyone thought of porting
> SchemeQL to work on top of sqlid?  Or has there been work on factoring out
> the SQL-constructing part of SchemeQL from being tied to SrPersist?

Posted on the users mailing list.