[plt-scheme] Outer-inner loops in Scheme?

From: Will M Farr (farr at MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon May 14 09:19:29 EDT 2007

Grant,

You're probably teaching a class or something where you don't want
the extra complication of introducing SRFI's, but here's how I would
do it:

(require (lib "42.ss" "srfi"))

(define (do-it x-max y-max)
   (do-ec (:range x x-max) (:range y y-max)
     (printf "~a ~a~n" x y)))

(do-it 10 10)

(Note that SRFI-42's :range generator generates all values *less
than* x-max and y-max, so I have to loop *to* 10 while you looped
*through* 9.)

It's rare that I ever write loops myself these days.

Will